SaskDelta's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car is done!

5 posters

Go down

Car is done! Empty Car is done!

Post by SpEnTBoY 2010-01-20, 06:49

Ok well the work it was in for yesterday is done lol. I had it in getting the Meth control module flush mounted, my radar detector hardwire kit installed and my stereo installed ... stuff of which I could have done all of it but figured what the hell, hopefully they'll make it look good. Problem is I was hoping to have the meth box and radar detector remote display put in the plastic just behind the cup holders and flush so I could still use them. When they got it all apart they said they couldn't because there wasn't enough room behind there and it would cut in to the clips for the stereo bezel ... I told them to use their best judgment and see if the was room on or around the kick panel around our fuses where I could still see the lights and not kick the damn thing ... I pick it up at 9 this morning, here's hoping scratch pale
SpEnTBoY
SpEnTBoY
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Car is done! Empty Re: Car is done!

Post by thought 2010-01-20, 12:19

Where did you take it?
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by SpEnTBoY 2010-01-20, 12:40

thought wrote:Where did you take it?

Innovation ... I've always taken my stuff to them ... I wont anymore, their staff seems to have changed Rolling Eyes
SpEnTBoY
SpEnTBoY
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by SKCobalt 2010-01-20, 12:42

That doesn't sound good. Did it turn out ok?
SKCobalt
SKCobalt
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by SpEnTBoY 2010-01-20, 12:52

SKCobalt wrote:That doesn't sound good. Did it turn out ok?

Well ... I guess I can vent here and I apologize if anyone knows people that work there but ... when I had them do my stereo and command start in my sunfire they did an awesome job, it looked like the stereo was supposed to be in the car from factory, clean lines clean cuts etc ... my meth box is in an ok spot but its not flush mount, it's surface and I think they thought they were installing the whole thing I told them all I wanted was the power and 12 key on wire run, the rest are supposed to be in the engine bay for me to finish up with ... all the lights come on and stay on so I'm not sure if it's just becasue the whole usit isn't installed but I need to see if they messed that up to.

Anyway .. I'll post pictures of the stereo install hack job .. and the two cables (one for usb devices and one for iPods) that are hanging out of my center console on the passenger side. It just means I have some work to do to touch it all up and hide the chewed cut kit that the stereo sits in. I guess if you want something done right even if it's going to take longer and youre not a professional installer, do it yourself. At least then I'd only have myself to blame but IMO it looks like ... *sigh*

I've even had friends that have gone there because I suggested them and they did awesome work ... custom door moldings the whole 9 ... this was pretty simple by comparison and I paid almost as much as they did and to me it's 1/4 the job. Anyway, I'm an optimist ... I'll see how I can clean it up and move on Smile
SpEnTBoY
SpEnTBoY
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by SpEnTBoY 2010-01-21, 09:17

Ok so far I've had to go back 3 times ...

first they forgot to remove the shipping screws with the big banner on it that says "Remove Before Install" so I couldn't put a disk in (it would hit the screw and stop)
second they kept all my extra connectors that came with my meth kit and had to go rummaging through the garbage and peoples desks to find them
third I had my old radar detector hard wired in to 12v in the over head light on the front and asked them to remove it when they installed the new one ... I never noticed it until this morning that they just jammed the three cables through that little hole i nthe light for my command start antenna, my old radar detector, and the new one.

Maybe I'm being petty but holy f&^$ this is the worst service I think I've ever gotten Mad
SpEnTBoY
SpEnTBoY
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by SKCobalt 2010-01-21, 09:26

That sounds like a nightmare. So your telling me that when they installed your stereo that they didn't really check it out and made sure everything worked (maybe with the radio) but the CD problem would have been caught right away if they cared to make sure everything worked.

It also sounds as though they have no attention to detail. Anyone in their right mind would remove wires that were, first of all, asked to be removed and secondly were not needed anymore and should be unhooked.

I think if you have to take it back again for anything I would be looking for your money back. There is no excuse for giving "Professionals" money and getting a hack job that anyone with a saw and soldering iron could do.
SKCobalt
SKCobalt
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCaptain 2010-01-21, 12:10

Wow that sucks. If you want anything done right... you gotta do it yourself...
TheCaptain
TheCaptain
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by thought 2010-01-21, 14:06

Unfortunately yeah, DIY as "profesionals" these days doesn't mean a thing. It's a dice roll.
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by SpEnTBoY 2010-01-21, 19:05

Thats about the best way to put it feels more like a DIY job however if I did actually do it myself I wouldn't have used a hacksaw to cut the housing around the stereo ... nor would I have forgotten things, kept or thrown out parts etc lol ... may as well laugh. I'm not interested in the fight to try to get money out of them and I'm sick of pointing out shit work and getting blank stares back. I'll just suck it up and fix whatever I need to Very Happy
SpEnTBoY
SpEnTBoY
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by thought 2010-01-21, 23:00

......and never go back. i've learned that these places should all get 1 strike.
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by jschatte 2010-01-26, 22:18

TheCaptain wrote:Wow that sucks. If you want anything done right... you gotta do it yourself...

Yep thats exactly it. It was probably a couple of teenagers that think they know what they are doing, and cut corners to save time. I wouldnt be surprised if the wires are just twisted together for the stereo. Also, where did they tap off for the meth? hopefully they didnt make too much of a mess while spicing. This reminds me of my friend who had a sub installed at best buy. They didnt find a grommet on the firewall to run the wire (there were several) so they drilled a 3/4 inch hole right through his firewall wayy down at the bottom. After they didnt even sand the burs off, so the wire casing wore away and shorted out the wire. luckily there was a fuse, or the amp would have been fried. Needless to say, we ended up re-running the wires ourselves. So if your capible, next time diy is my advice.
jschatte
jschatte
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum