Spam Control

Go down

Spam Control

Post by Omega_5 on 2010-01-25, 20:52

Over the next week, I'll be cranking up the spam control to be on par with the other site I mod.
Part of this spam control involves banning a range of IP addresses. In the event that something goes wrong, and someone here is banned, please contact a staff member.
avatar
Omega_5
The Foundation
The Foundation

Posts : 121
Join date : 2009-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by thought on 2010-01-25, 22:25

Sounds good broseph. I also noticed some ads that were pretending to be part of the forum. One I saw said "You have a message, click here". I should have remembered that is where the banner ad was...
avatar
thought
Members
Members

Posts : 125
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by ßlåçk§mókè on 2010-01-25, 22:48

thought wrote:Sounds good broseph. I also noticed some ads that were pretending to be part of the forum. One I saw said "You have a message, click here". I should have remembered that is where the banner ad was...


I've never seen the banner.... but i am using Firefox
avatar
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Posts : 603
Join date : 2009-12-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by thought on 2010-01-26, 10:57

Me too - I'd be using Chrome if it had as many cool extensions.
avatar
thought
Members
Members

Posts : 125
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by SKCobalt on 2010-01-26, 11:05

I'm using chrome and I love it! I didn't use a ton of extensions in firefox though.
avatar
SKCobalt
Members
Members

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by jschatte on 2010-01-26, 21:58

IE 8! i win.
avatar
jschatte
Members
Members

Posts : 102
Join date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by ßlåçk§mókè on 2010-02-01, 19:17

jschatte wrote:IE 8! i win.

lol i think Tyler B got banned.... but it doesn't show up on the ip/user name list....
avatar
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Posts : 603
Join date : 2009-12-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by Omega_5 on 2010-02-01, 19:57

ßlåçk§mókè wrote:
jschatte wrote:IE 8! i win.

lol i think Tyler B got banned.... but it doesn't show up on the ip/user name list....

Wanna verify that.
And get his IP too.
avatar
Omega_5
The Foundation
The Foundation

Posts : 121
Join date : 2009-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by ßlåçk§mókè on 2010-02-01, 20:08

Omega_5 wrote:
ßlåçk§mókè wrote:
jschatte wrote:IE 8! i win.

lol i think Tyler B got banned.... but it doesn't show up on the ip/user name list....

Wanna verify that.
And get his IP too.


Just got off the phone, he's not banned... but his mac will not allow him to log in

I found this for some reading i'll be posting up:

http://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/log-in-problems-t45.htm
avatar
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Posts : 603
Join date : 2009-12-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by Omega_5 on 2010-02-01, 21:49

ßlåçk§mókè wrote:
Just got off the phone, he's not banned... but his mac will not allow him to log in

Bolded the problem....
avatar
Omega_5
The Foundation
The Foundation

Posts : 121
Join date : 2009-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by ßlåçk§mókè on 2010-02-01, 21:57

Omega_5 wrote:
ßlåçk§mókè wrote:
Just got off the phone, he's not banned... but his mac will not allow him to log in

Bolded the problem....


lol
avatar
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Posts : 603
Join date : 2009-12-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by jschatte on 2010-02-01, 22:43

ßlåçk§mókè wrote:
Omega_5 wrote:
ßlåçk§mókè wrote:
Just got off the phone, he's not banned... but his mac will not allow him to log in

Bolded the problem....


lol

good call.
avatar
jschatte
Members
Members

Posts : 102
Join date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by TheCaptain on 2010-02-02, 17:02

jschatte wrote:
ßlåçk§mókè wrote:
Omega_5 wrote:
ßlåçk§mókè wrote:
Just got off the phone, he's not banned... but his mac will not allow him to log in

Bolded the problem....


lol

good call.

Nice! cheers <- someone should get a real thumb up smiley...
avatar
TheCaptain
Members
Members

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-12-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam Control

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum