SaskDelta's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck spammers!

+3
XeroState
ßlåçk§mókè
Omega_5
7 posters

Go down

Fuck spammers! Empty Fuck spammers!

Post by Omega_5 2010-01-16, 01:12

My hotmail got jacked tonight... fuck!
Luckily I caught it when an email bounced back to my BB.

Just pisses me off... I thought a strong password would prevent this... but apparently something got a hold of it.
Omega_5
Omega_5
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Fuck spammers! Empty Re: Fuck spammers!

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-01-16, 01:16

Omega_5 wrote:My hotmail got jacked tonight... fuck!
Luckily I caught it when an email bounced back to my BB.

Just pisses me off... I thought a strong password would prevent this... but apparently something got a hold of it.

Yeah im talking with your other half on Facebook... She told me...

I got strong passwords but i change them every 3 months. Sorry to hear that it happened, I'd send a letter to hotmail tell them to get their shit together
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by XeroState 2010-01-16, 12:43

Sorry to hear about that, but it's also why I use gmail and not hotmail (though I still keep my hotmail account alive for my msn messenger only). Windows live accounts are not secure in any way, never have been, never said to be. Google's stuff is at least "usually" encrypted better.

And boys, there is no such thing as a "strong password". A 4 character password including a null character (space) is stronger than a 32 character password without a null character.

I can break any of your passwords within 1 day and do zero effort to get them. Most I can have in under a minute.

And yes I have know how to break passwords for my job.. you'd be surprised how many times we have to break into accounts or computers just to fix them lol
XeroState
XeroState
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-01-16, 12:46

XeroState wrote:Sorry to hear about that, but it's also why I use gmail and not hotmail (though I still keep my hotmail account alive for my msn messenger only). Windows live accounts are not secure in any way, never have been, never said to be. Google's stuff is at least "usually" encrypted better.

And boys, there is no such thing as a "strong password". A 4 character password including a null character (space) is stronger than a 32 character password without a null character.

I can break any of your passwords within 1 day and do zero effort to get them. Most I can have in under a minute.

And yes I have know how to break passwords for my job.. you'd be surprised how many times we have to break into accounts or computers just to fix them lol

Give me a month once i get Highspeed here and the linux server back together and i'll take your bet to crack my password Razz
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by XeroState 2010-01-16, 13:02

Have you seen the simple cracking tools out there? We've broken MD5 hashed keys in under 5hrs. These are keys that are suppose to take years to break. A proper tool makes passwords near useless.

We have two sayings,

"The only real network security is achieved with scissors" and "The only real computer security can be achieved by not owning one".

Nothing on a computer is secure. It's like a car alarm, it won't stop someone from stealing your car, only deter them.
XeroState
XeroState
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-01-16, 13:18

XeroState wrote:Have you seen the simple cracking tools out there? We've broken MD5 hashed keys in under 5hrs. These are keys that are suppose to take years to break. A proper tool makes passwords near useless.

We have two sayings,

"The only real network security is achieved with scissors" and "The only real computer security can be achieved by not owning one".

Nothing on a computer is secure. It's like a car alarm, it won't stop someone from stealing your car, only deter them.

i totally agree, im not as up to date as you are, but yeah i know what the darkside is like Wink been there for a good many years..
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by thought 2010-01-16, 14:52

Yeah, except this stuipd work laptop uses NTLM...... MD5 or LM would have been easy, but this has so far proven insane. Since the tech guys here use special characters, the rainbow tables search has so far taken over a year with no results.

So, yeah, it's not (JUST) the password, but the encryption method that matters, and it sounds like Hotmail doesn't use anything strong enough.
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCaptain 2010-01-17, 15:51

Yea, my hotmail got jacked too, i sent an email to them, and changed my password and security settings. It's more annoying now to login, but i don't see anything bouncing back anymore. Evil or Very Mad
TheCaptain
TheCaptain
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by thought 2010-01-17, 23:01

there was some chatter going around that this recent wave of hackings was gov't sponsored Chinese attacks. they even hacked some google stuff apparently, and the google beans figured out who was behind the attack and told the US gov't, who currently owes a gajillion dollars to the Chinese. I'm thinking we have to put up with this for a while longer.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/187113/gmail_of_foreign_journalists_in_china_hijacked.html
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by jschatte 2010-01-26, 22:36

Theres some stupid thing on facebook now too, it says that somebody posted something on your wall/ tagged you /etc, but its a little blank square. I did it and got some crazy picture. I think its harmless, but i cleaned my internet files out, changed my password, and ran a virus scan.
jschatte
jschatte
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by FusionGT 2010-01-26, 22:40

I just got the same thing Josh, I guess I should do the same lol
FusionGT
FusionGT
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-01-27, 01:45

i got filters and filters and wait more filters setup, im seriously considering getting rid of Visa and going back to Linux and going huge ass encryption..... but it's not my computer it's the other sites...
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by jschatte 2010-01-27, 22:20

FusionGT wrote:I just got the same thing Josh, I guess I should do the same lol

I dont think it is harmful, the virus scan came up with nothing. But still its good to change up your password and empty your cookies and such.
jschatte
jschatte
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum