SaskDelta's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a change perhaps?

+2
thought
jschatte
6 posters

Go down

Looking for a change perhaps? Empty Looking for a change perhaps?

Post by jschatte 2010-02-01, 22:32

Well i have been thinking about it for a while now, and i think i want a truck. Im not 100% on the idea right now, nor am in a rush. I just realized it would be nice to have the ability to haul, do a little towing, have 4x4, and not to mention i just like trucks lol. But im not looking for just any truck, i have my sights on a 2000-2005 s10 ZR2. Nice compact truck, not too horrible on gas (4.3L), they are all extended cabs, and with the flares and 2" stock lift they look mean. But i am limiting myself to a sightly hard to come by truck, so im just keeping an eye out right now. So what do you guys think?
jschatte
jschatte
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Looking for a change perhaps? Empty Re: Looking for a change perhaps?

Post by thought 2010-02-02, 07:42

Well, I have an instinct-level aversion to trucks in principle, so I am biased. But for towing and 4X4 it's either a truck or a sienna lol. It sounds like you have chosen a cool one though.
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-02-02, 10:00

i'v been thinking on getting a truck for years, but well i couldn't afford the one i wanted.

I love my redline, but still sometimes wish I had waited for a truck.... I might get a older used truck this fall tho.
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega_5 2010-02-02, 15:07

Why not have both?

You can never have too many vehicles....
(Says the guy running out of driveway space)
Omega_5
Omega_5
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCaptain 2010-02-02, 16:28

I would gun for both if possible. =)

Oh sure, i get an suv, so now you want something higher too, lol! lol! Just playing. I love cars soo much, but new ones are so low for winter use around here. Plus more storage is always a bonus. So i can get both in a crossover!
TheCaptain
TheCaptain
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatgod 2010-02-02, 19:36

The Zr2's get shitty mileage. My co-worker had one and that was the driving force behind him selling it. As far as having both, it's even better when your boss supplies your truck, hehe.
Flatgod
Flatgod
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by jschatte 2010-02-02, 22:18

Hey dont flatter yourself josh! haha. And i am fimiliar with the 4.3, my family has owned 3 vehicles with this engine. Not the greatest gas mileage, but its not like its a v8 either. And i dont think i could do both, as i am a student; im not made of money lol.
jschatte
jschatte
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega_5 2010-02-03, 10:39

You can economically do both, if you buy a truck that is a 'winter beater'.
Maybe look into an old taco, or 2.8l S10. You can pick one up for $1000-2000. It would satisfy you towing / hauling needs and not break the bank in up front cost or fuel.... Plus they are cheap to license, and allows you to have a 'back up vehicle'.

Again, though, maybe i'm bias. I've got two cars and two trucks... One set for the summer, one set for the winter.
Omega_5
Omega_5
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by jschatte 2010-02-08, 22:38

I dont know, I dont want an older vehicle, been there done that. Ill run myself into trouble just keeping up on repairs. I was looking at coloradoes the other day, it would be nice to have something a little newer, maybe even with some warranty. But nothing is gonna happen anythime soon, I got some loose ends to tie up with my car first before anything happens.
jschatte
jschatte
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down