SaskDelta's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Single Pass

4 posters

Go down

DIY Single Pass Empty DIY Single Pass

Post by Flatgod 2009-12-28, 22:23

K, not quite DIY. My dad did the most of the work. But metal fab is his specialty.
So firstly I marked how I wanted the pipes to come out.
DIY Single Pass PC280109

Then I took and ground out where I wanted to weld the pipes in.

DIY Single Pass PC280114

Then welded the pipes on. They still need to be cut to length but I'm going to wait till I size it up in my car to decide where I'll chop em.

DIY Single Pass PC280117

DIY Single Pass PC280120

Then we took a stock endplate and built up the one area where we felt there wasn't sufficient enough material to mill out a passage large enough for fluid to pass though.

DIY Single Pass PC280126

The most important resource in this process, my father Journeyman Welder, Journeyman Machinist and Journeyman HD Mechanic extraordinaire milling out the passages.

DIY Single Pass PC280122

We milled out as much as possible and then finished it off with the die grinder.

DIY Single Pass PC280123
DIY Single Pass PC280127
DIY Single Pass PC280128
I will not have any info on how well this works up for a while as it is winter here and my car is in storage till spring so you'll have to wait till then for that info.
Flatgod
Flatgod
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

DIY Single Pass Empty Re: DIY Single Pass

Post by Rippin07 2009-12-29, 21:43

Dude, your dad could almost pass for Billy Gibbons of ZZTop. lol.

Remember me, I have a spare stock endplate. hint hint.
Rippin07
Rippin07
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatgod 2009-12-29, 23:45

The endplate was the most time consuming part. Qwik said what I did was kinda overkill and you only need to drill a few hole in there but meh. Another problem with the endplate was when we filled that portion in it warped some and had to be faced. Once I pull my mani off it will be getting the same treatment, you got 1st dibs Mike. We could do this for anyone, cost a little more then the dual pass but much better system.
Flatgod
Flatgod
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2009-12-30, 00:09

Travis once your done this. we'll put this as a sticky....

But on topic: So this single pass would cool better then a dual ?
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rippin07 2009-12-30, 11:20

Do you want me to mill my endplate out then?? I can probably do it here at the shop, let me know, and did you order your KC kit?? Saw a post saying so. Let me know when you want to install it and we will do it at the shop if you don't have the equipment.
Rippin07
Rippin07
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatgod 2009-12-30, 12:13

Your probably pretty good with a die grinder, but it's up to you. It just was more of a PITA then we expected. Ya I did order up the KC, hoping it arrives this week and I'll definitely take you up on that offer for the discharge/recharge. Will be a while before I have everything on. Where would I go to fing 3/4 heater hoses that are prefomed to 90* and such?

And yes Jeremy this system is better then the dual pass.
Flatgod
Flatgod
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega_5 2009-12-30, 13:40

Awesome stuff!
Omega_5
Omega_5
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rippin07 2009-12-30, 22:30

Im not sure as to where to get the preformed heater hoses, but I would go to Greenline and see what they can come up with, they have found me some downright bizarre stuff to work with. I would expect them to have the best idea or chance of getting what you need.
I will hollow out the end plate.
Rippin07
Rippin07
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega_5 2009-12-31, 01:31

Goodall might be able to hook you up with some type of hose. They have all kinds of machines in the back for forming hoses and such.
Omega_5
Omega_5
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2009-12-31, 04:01

Flatgod wrote:Your probably pretty good with a die grinder, but it's up to you. It just was more of a PITA then we expected. Ya I did order up the KC, hoping it arrives this week and I'll definitely take you up on that offer for the discharge/recharge. Will be a while before I have everything on. Where would I go to fing 3/4 heater hoses that are prefomed to 90* and such?

And yes Jeremy this system is better then the dual pass.

Haha thanks Smile it made sense that a single would work better then a dual in my head... but well better ask..

I can't wait to see your guys cars this spring..... Makes me want mine paid off... So i can only be 2 cars behind instead of 10 Razz
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatgod 2009-12-31, 15:32

Thanks for the leads guys. I ended up getting sent to WSSL and found everything I needed. Cost $20 a hose though, yikes. Would have been cheapest to go to a wrecker and pull all sorts of hoses off junkers but meh.
Flatgod
Flatgod
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum