SaskDelta's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruise Control

+3
ßlåçk§mókè
Flatgod
tombstonex
7 posters

Go down

Cruise Control Empty Cruise Control

Post by tombstonex 2010-01-06, 20:53

So i took my car in to Sherwood Chev today at 10am. The cruise control is no longer engaging. They were not sure if it would be covered on by my extended warranty. On top of that i got a call at 4:30pm and they still didnt figure it out. They are keeping it over night and will be working on it tomorrow again. Anyone know if this would be covered? Im thinking it should as it is an electrical component. And why is it so hard to fix? Could the install of my Compustar Alarm have caused an issue? I think i used it directly after i got it installed, but i could be wrong.. Any thoughts?
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

http://binaryinc.ath.cx

Back to top Go down

Cruise Control Empty Re: Cruise Control

Post by Flatgod 2010-01-06, 21:02

Ya this happened to me. Worse in cold weather than warm. Took it in and had it "fixed " once, still did it months later. Clutch or brake sensor is what they told me.
Flatgod
Flatgod
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-01-06, 21:09

Shitty! Well at least i know.
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-01-06, 21:12

tombstonex wrote:Shitty! Well at least i know.

My cars going to sherwood too.. Friday at noon... Tired of going out start it and it dies... then i got to basicly give it alittle and hope she catches.. im sure it's a recall fix for the cold start issue... It happens plugged in as well...

I can also say it was the result after the accident when i got ran off the road... and symptoms are now showing up....

Im guessing..

Starter
Spark
Fuel filter/line

It's like i got to feed it fuel... 88,900 km's now... maybe it's time for a fuel filter change
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-01-06, 21:38

the passlock issue? Does the lock icon come on and not go off?
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-01-06, 21:42

tombstonex wrote:the passlock issue? Does the lock icon come on and not go off?

no lock icon It's odd... it's got to be fuel or spark related... But once the cars running and warmed up no problem...

All i know... is once spring hits it's getting a full tuneup, new plugs, wires, and fuel filter done
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-01-07, 15:40

So it was the clutch sensor, and it wasnt covered by the extended Warrenty. There goes $350.

Anyone know what the extended Warrenty covers?
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by raptors_67 2010-01-24, 01:48

The passlock issue is due to the way in which your compustar was installed.... how long ago was it put in? Does the compustar ever lock your doors even with the key in the ignition? The cruise issue is often caused by misalignment of one of three sensors.... brake, cruise and i do not recall the 3rd. I'd put money on the fact there was nothing wrong with the clutch switch it just wasn't adjusted correctly and when they put a new one in they lined it up properly.

raptors_67
Fresh Blood
Fresh Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-01-24, 08:22

i dont have an issue with the passlock sensor... that was on the last car... and it was only when it was cold.. the saturn dealership said it was a known issue, somethigna bout the gel freezing...

Although the compustar does lock my door even when the key is in the ignition..

On the diagnostic it says they tried to align the sensor and that when they check some voltage of the sensor it wasnt changing...
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by raptors_67 2010-01-24, 14:01

If you tie in the keysense wire on the compustar your doors wont lock when the key is in the ignition... the installer was lazy and didn't do it. I never did it when i first put mine in either cause usually you dont have to but the first time i locked the keys in the car i fixed that.

raptors_67
Fresh Blood
Fresh Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by thought 2010-01-25, 10:25

Extended warranty SHOULD cover that, but I found out the hard way, as you do, that GM is not interested in honouring claims. You would have to take them to small claims court, and they are banking correctly on the fact that 1) most people wont do that and 2) the warranty is written in such a way that they can deny it based on anything you have done to your car. So basically, you need to find a dealership who will work with you. Mine is Rosetown.
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-01-25, 15:42

Im really debating cancelling the extended as i want to do my mods this summer.
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-02-08, 10:23

So this POS switch stopped working already.. and now they want me to bring it in again. i am so pissed!
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-02-08, 10:28

yeah my Cruise stopped working last week, well it's not engaging Going to check fuses
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-02-08, 10:34

ßlåçk§mókè wrote:yeah my Cruise stopped working last week, well it's not engaging Going to check fuses

Im going to be so pissed, because i just no what is going to happen, whatever they did probably didnt fixed it, it was probably because it sat in a warm shop that it fixed.. Anyways they said i have to sign a waiver that says ill pay the diagnostic fee if the issue is not the part or something they did. So basically they are going to do what the other guy here said which is adjust the pedels or whatever and then it will work and ill get charged.. If i take it in the i hate to be the one who tries and charge me. The Girlfriend will go to town on them. She is so shy, but then when someone screws her/me over she goes into mother bear mode and ripps into the people, usually getting a credit or whatever.
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-02-08, 12:05

Tomorrow im going to be in town so im going to a cheap movie so i can let the car sit underground for a few hours.
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by XeroState 2010-02-13, 17:02

I get this issue every now and then. For me thankfully turning off the car then turning it on seems to fix it, though once it hasn't.

It has been noted on RLF that Stage2 seems to screw up the cruise control unit every now and then, but I don't think there was any actual proof, just finding similarities between vehicles affected.
XeroState
XeroState
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by denlou 2010-02-13, 19:09

You know, now that you mention it... The Pursuit I totalled off wouldn't "resume", you'd have to cycle the cruise switch and set it again, it had a remote start.

denlou
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down