SaskDelta's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cylinder Head fun!

5 posters

Go down

Cylinder Head fun! Empty Cylinder Head fun!

Post by Rippin07 2010-01-16, 19:18

Hey guys, as some of you know I like to play with cars and have done it as a hobby and proffesionally for some time. Well, I ported and polished an LSJ head for Scott (Raptors_67) and my best friend just became the proud owner of a Superflow Flowbench and finished all his training on it a few months back. Well, needless to say the work performed on the head was a definite improvement over the stock numbers I have seen for this head posted elsewhere. After some flowbenching and "smoke" work (aka black magic lol) We went back at the heads, result, lost a little low lift flow to mid lift, over the initial changes, however, midlift to max lift numbers went way up!!! I will post the numbers once they are printed and graphed for me
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/91011913.png/
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/scott2e.png/
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/scott1.png/

The head should be going on his car this FEB. and then I will start on mine. Smile
Rippin07
Rippin07
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Cylinder Head fun! Empty Re: Cylinder Head fun!

Post by Flatgod 2010-01-21, 19:16

Wow, very nice. I have a feeling you'll be doing mine as well. Next winter.
Flatgod
Flatgod
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-01-21, 19:28

Awesome news Mike!!!!!!

i saw Scott a few weeks ago on 22nd, but he didn't know who i was.. nor did i know who he was at the time.. I ended up calling Tyler L to ask.
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by thought 2010-01-21, 22:59

Awesome awesome awesome.

You are such a frigging amazing resource for us.
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Rippin07 2010-01-22, 13:12

We will see how this turns out, Scott is waiting for his springs before we do the assembly and swap. Looking forward to doing this to mine as well. There will be an extra head available between all of this. So, when scotts head is swapped, I will P&P that head and swap it with mine, this way there is no extended down time and the core is your head at the time of swap.
Rippin07
Rippin07
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatgod 2010-01-23, 01:30

Sweet, if a guy is doing up the head wouldn't you want to do some balance shaft upgrade. I found these and I'm thinking this will be the route I take when I do the head up.
http://www.levelzeromotorsports.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=50&osCsid=43f99b7d3d7efb15ce6ebaececdc6969
Flatgod
Flatgod
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by thought 2010-01-23, 01:49

Do youse guys think you can change pistons with just the head off? I thought I saw a post about how to do that. I would like to do pistons if I'm taking off the head anyway, then I could fly to the moon or something.
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatgod 2010-01-23, 01:56

Need to drop the oil pan.
http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/42762-how-piston-install.html
Flatgod
Flatgod
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by raptors_67 2010-01-24, 01:38

ßlåçk§mókè wrote:Awesome news Mike!!!!!!

i saw Scott a few weeks ago on 22nd, but he didn't know who i was.. nor did i know who he was at the time.. I ended up calling Tyler L to ask.

What was I doing on 22nd.... I don't drive my redline in the winter so if you saw one drivin around it wasn't me.

raptors_67
Fresh Blood
Fresh Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-01-24, 03:12

raptors_67 wrote:

What was I doing on 22nd.... I don't drive my redline in the winter so if you saw one drivin around it wasn't me.

LOL I meant to say Months. Not weeks. Just before the snow started, Early Oct? I waved. I pulled into the 7-11 in the hopes you'd follow. But you didn't.
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by raptors_67 2010-01-24, 14:06

ßlåçk§mókè wrote:
raptors_67 wrote:

LOL I meant to say Months. Not weeks. Just before the snow started, Early Oct? I waved. I pulled into the 7-11 in the hopes you'd follow. But you didn't.

Yeah I'm an asshole like that... ignoring people and such. I drove my car right up till Nov 15th so it's possible since I don't live too far from 22nd. Probably had the laptop in the front seat too so might of had my attention elsewhere.

raptors_67
Fresh Blood
Fresh Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by ßlåçk§mókè 2010-01-24, 15:30

raptors_67 wrote:
ßlåçk§mókè wrote:
raptors_67 wrote:

Yeah I'm an asshole like that... ignoring people and such. I drove my car right up till Nov 15th so it's possible since I don't live too far from 22nd. Probably had the laptop in the front seat too so might of had my attention elsewhere.

I just figured you had somewhere to be Smile
ßlåçk§mókè
ßlåçk§mókè
The Foundation
The Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum