SaskDelta's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compustar Pro Alarm/Starter Installs

5 posters

Go down

Compustar Pro Alarm/Starter Installs Empty Compustar Pro Alarm/Starter Installs

Post by raptors_67 2010-01-24, 01:56

Just making this available to anyone interested in a remote car starter or starter/alarm combo. I've been authorized to do installs for a while now with my old job and have been doing these in my garage pretty much every weekend this winter so if anyone is interested let me know. (www.compustar.com) and I use only the idatalink blade style bypasses (www.idatalink.com) as they make the install much cleaner and less wiring for me is always good too. This is the pro version and carries a limited lifetime warranty on any of the units.

raptors_67
Fresh Blood
Fresh Blood

Back to top Go down

Compustar Pro Alarm/Starter Installs Empty Re: Compustar Pro Alarm/Starter Installs

Post by 04_redline 2010-01-24, 02:29

whats the average price of a unit installed.
04_redline
04_redline
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Compustar Pro Alarm/Starter Installs Empty Re: Compustar Pro Alarm/Starter Installs

Post by raptors_67 2010-01-24, 13:59

350 installed for any 1 way. 430 installed for the 2 way led style and 600 for a 2way LCD alarm/starter combo. Automatic trans vehicles are slightly cheaper as they take less time to install.

raptors_67
Fresh Blood
Fresh Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by 04_redline 2010-01-24, 16:45

thats not to bad.
04_redline
04_redline
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by denlou 2010-01-24, 17:11

I had one in my old Pursuit, good to know you do them I might put one in the new Balt.

While we're on the subject, I had a Astrostart slaved to the car with an Idatalink unit, do you know off hand any reason why when I would shut the car off with the key (remote start unit turned off) the radio would shut off for a few seconds then come back on until I opened the doors. The retained accessory power is suppose to keep the power on until I open the doors without a pause.

denlou
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-01-24, 19:11

How much would you charge to correct the wire we were talking aboutthat causes the lockout?
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

http://binaryinc.ath.cx

Back to top Go down

Post by thought 2010-01-25, 10:21

I can vouch for this system, we have it in the wife's car. It is always ready for start mode, as you dont have to "set" it other than not touching the brakes when you take the key out. 10 seconds after the doors are closed, it shuts off, locks & arms the car, and it set for remote start. Sweet unit, and that price won't be beat.
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-01-25, 15:41

thought wrote:I can vouch for this system, we have it in the wife's car. It is always ready for start mode, as you dont have to "set" it other than not touching the brakes when you take the key out. 10 seconds after the doors are closed, it shuts off, locks & arms the car, and it set for remote start. Sweet unit, and that price won't be beat.

I can do that on mine. I also have a roll up package, so it rolls the windows up. Yeah its a manual, so i have to park, put the e-brake on and not touch the break.. car stays running until the door is closed, then shuts off and rolls up the windows..
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by 04_redline 2010-01-25, 17:26

i wish, lol
04_redline
04_redline
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-01-25, 20:36

yeah its kinda nice.. i can also roll down my windows with my remote, looks kick ass..

Also i was wondering if i could get the second aux to do the window defroster?
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by raptors_67 2010-01-26, 18:55

I have some work to do in that area on my redline so I'll see how the defrost switching works on our cars. I'm sure it's just like every other chevy so should be able to trigger it once the temp drops below 0 degrees. Do you know what kind of bypass was used in your car? Was it a blade style or standalone unit?

raptors_67
Fresh Blood
Fresh Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by tombstonex 2010-01-27, 22:25

the guy told me it was top of the line and a new version.. im honestly not sure.. Basik Audio from Prince Albert did the install
tombstonex
tombstonex
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by thought 2010-01-27, 22:41

Can you help me out with an Autostart remote starter issue? My wife just washed my fob, and the car is armed. My spare remote isn't being recognised (must need to be relearned), and the "program mode" doesn't seem to work when I press the hood sensor button like it says. THe fob dried out and I was able to disarm the system, but I need a new fob and need this spare one programmed to work. Any ideas how to program it when it won't let me into program mode? Am I missing something?
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by raptors_67 2010-01-27, 23:08

are you getting parking lights flashing when pressing the hoodpin multiple times?

raptors_67
Fresh Blood
Fresh Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by thought 2010-01-28, 09:36

No I'm not, which is the frustrating part. I even tried with the hood up using the button on the brain itself, like the instructinos say, and no luck getting the parking lights to flash.
thought
thought
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum